Briggs and Stratton Lawn Mower Air Filter Replacement
How to Change a Foam Air Filter
1. Remove air filter screw.
2. Carefully remove air filter assembly and discard foam.
3. Clean all metal assembly parts.
4. Saturate new foam filter with fresh engine oil.
5. Wrap foam in clean cloth and squeeze to remove excess oil.
6. Assemble foam filter so lip extends over edge of body.
7. Reinstall assembly carburetor.
How to Change a Dual Element Air Filter
1. Remove knob(s) and cover.
2. Carefully remove foam pre-cleaner, when so equipped.
3. Reinstall cartridge, nut(s), pre-cleaner and cover. Retighten knob(s) securely.
4. Replace if very dirty, damaged, or doesn’t fit properly.